Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why True and Real?

Hi everyone! I don't even know who would take the time to read my blog, but maybe somewhere out there will happen my way. :) Anyway, I got the idea for True and Real from one of the ways I try to live my life. Over a year ago, my Sunday School class did a study and one of the scriptures we studied was Philippians 4:8--"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praise worthy--meditate on these things". What I gained from this lesson is to in every situation, only focus on what is "true and real". In any situation, my perspective may be skewed or the other person's perspective may be off, but I can always remind myself of the facts--what is true and real. I don't have to agree with everyone and I don't have to look at situations in exactly the same way as others. Well, it's helpful to me, anyway. :)

As I type this, my 2-year-old son is flailing about on the floor, being silly. He's just thrown the entire contents of a Yahtzee game across the floor. He's had croup and bronchitis for the past 5 days or so, and today is the beginnings of what seems to be recovery. Hence, the throwing and flailing. I don't mind him flailing about when he's happy about it. It's when he's kicking and screaming along with the flailing that gets worrisome. He's also picked up the phrase, "na-na-boo-boo" from somewhere....so he's saying that while he's tossing things about. I just hope I don't get pegged by a wayward dice (di??) so that I can still make it to the car rider line to pick up my 5-year-old from school in a few minutes!

I guess that's a good enough start as any. We'll see how long this actually lasts--me posting comments on here. :)

No comments: