Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It was a dark and rainy night...

That's the weather right now in Huntsville. I had to drive to work in it, and I'm not a fan of driving in the dark, much less in the rainy dark. I've learned that people can't drive in the rain, at least not very well. So, I try to avoid the streets when I can while it's raining. I'm happy for the rain, though.

Kids are funny. I've always known this, but it was reiterated to me today when I was the lunchroom helper at my daughter's school. This basically means that I help open milk cartons and pass out straws. Anyway, the kindergarteners and 1st graders were all about playing jokes today. A few in particular would raise their hand for me to come over, then they'd just stare at me and grin. I'd ask, "do you need help?" and then they'd shout, "tricked ya!!!'. Ha ha...no really, I got a kick out of it. They are cute. Another cute kid called me over then asked me to open his chip. Yes, his chip. I told him he had to open it with his mouth by biting it. Then the rest of the table caught on to the joke, so several more kids asked me the same thing. If nothing else, it gives me an appreciation of what our hard-working teachers have to endure every day whilst they try to teach our children. Go teachers!!!

No comments: