It's been so long since I posted, but summer has completely taken over our lives lately! Thankfully, it's taken over in a good way.
So, I'll just do a quick update of my recent blessings.
1. My children are a daily blessing, but when they do something that is extraordinarily sweet, it takes my breath away and makes me love them even more. Today is my birthday, and now that I'm well into my 30's, birthdays have lost the shine and glimmer that they once had. My kids have been doing and saying very sweet and special things all day, unprovoked, and it really makes my birthday shine.
2. When I see someone triumph through adversity, it reminds me of how blessed I am. I have some friends who are currently struggling in their marriage and a divorce is imminent, but I truly foresee them coming out as stronger individuals in the end. I'm very sad about their marriage, but I also know that God will work in them to accomplish His purpose, whatever that may be.
3. I'm very blessed to live in a place where I feel completely at home. I love Huntsville, and over the past 10-15 years it has really become home for me. It's perfect for us right now.
4. I had a visit with Dr. Gannon (my son) earlier, and he gave me a clean bill of health! I did require a few pretend Band-aids for some minor boo boo's, but overall I'm still hangin' in for being an old lady! Whew.
5. I'm so thankful that my sister will be moving closer to us soon! Our family is so excited about it and we can't wait to see what the future holds.
I hope everyone is having a blessed week and summer! Stay cool.