Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm a proud Mommy

Here she is pre-haircut.
Melody has been growing her hair for the past 18 months or so. I think the last time she got it cut was around her 5th birthday, which was last summer. During that time, she also decided to grow out her bangs, so we've been dealing with long, thick hair for a while now! Melody's BFF from preschool donated her long locks to an organization called Locks of Love. So, Melody decided that she'd like to do the same. Let me tell ya, it hasn't been easy to brush out that long hair, nor wash it! But, yesterday since Melody was home from school all day, I decided that it was time to go get it cut! She had finally grown it out the required 10 inches (I think she had 11, actually).


I'm very proud of her for having a giving heart and spirit. She's super-happy with her new hairdo, and I am, too! I love it.


2 comments:

Pastor Sherill said...

You have every reason to be proud! And her hair looks great!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I am so proud of her, too! What a wonderful gift!!